October 15, 2012 | Volume 87, Number 25
Director of Music
St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church located in Yorktown, Virginia is seeking a part-time Director of Music (20-25 hrs). Musical and Liturgical responsibilities include but are not limited to: 3 weekend Masses, weekly Choir rehearsals, weddings and funerals. Duties also include updating musical text, purchasing music, piano/organ maintenance, preparation of all worship aids and liturgical programs, attending staff and liturgy meetings, and other liturgical tasks as assigned by the Pastor. Necessary skills include: proficiency in organ and piano, ability to direct choirs of children and adults, appreciation of Catholic liturgy, tradition and community life, and excellent computer skills, cooperative interpersonal approach and collaborative team style. 3-5 yrs. experience, Master’s Degree in Music performance, composition or equivalent education and experience. To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Attn: Music Ministry/Liturgy Search Committee, 315 Harris Grove Lane, Yorktown, VA 23692. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Director of Development for Catholic Schools
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond seeks an Assistant Director of Development for Catholic Schools to support the efforts of the Office of Advancement.
- This role will be responsible for developing and implementing short and long-term plans for Catholic School development and all related stewardship and recognition activities.
- The Assistant Director will provide hands-on guidance and expertise in forming viable fundraising efforts among the diocesan schools and will work closely with the Office of Catholic Schools, Principals, and Development personnel.
- Will work closely with the Executive Director of Advancement to ensure success in meeting all fundraising goals of the diocese, with particular emphasis on the new tuition tax credit scholarship program which will begin in January 2013.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of Development experience, specifically working with schools and other non-profit educational organizations is required.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to function independently and work with deadlines, as well as organization and follow-up skills are critical.
- Confidentiality is imperative.
For a full job description, please go to www.richmonddiocese.org.
This is a full-time position (35 hours per week).
Normal office hours are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, however this position does have occasional night and weekend events.
A review of applications will begin immediately; closing date is October 26, 2012.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and application to:
Sarah Fogler, Senior
Recruiting & Training Manager
Catholic Diocese of Richmond
7800 Carousel Lane, Richmond, VA 23294-4201